PVII Knowledge Base
When I edit and export my Deja Vu images from Fireworks, the changes do not show up in Dreamweaver. What's wrong?
Prepared Jul. 2007 by Al Sparber, PVII
There is a bug in Fireworks CS3 that causes older versions of Fireworks to change the optimize setting for the slices from JPG to GIF, when the file is opened.
Change Optimize settings back to JPG
- Open the Optimize panel in Fireworks (F6)
- Make the Web Layer visible (use the "eye" icon in the Layers Panel)
- Select each slice and use the Optimize panel to set the slice to JPG format
- Set JPG quality to any value between 80-100
- Export your images according to the instructions in the User Guide
Back to the questions list