PVII Knowledge Base
Mac OS X reports that it cannot find a valid application for the MXP file extension. I cannot install my extension. Is there a solution?
Prepared Jun. 2006 by Al Sparber, PVII
If you experience a problem installing an extension into OSX, use one of the following methods:
- Use Dreamweaver’s Site or Files panel to locate the extension file (.MXP). Once you’ve found it, double-click the file. The Extension Manager should open and installation should begin.
- Locat the MXP file inside a Finder window. Once you've located the MXP in Finder, simply double-click it to open the Extension Manager and start the installation process.
- Email yourself a copy of the MXP file. If you use a mail client such as Apple Mail or Thunderbird, there is a strong possibility your client will force OS X to make the proper file association.
- Set the file association between the MXP file type and Macromedia/Adobe Extension Manager manually. You can find the Extension Manager program in your Applications folder.
- Contact us if you continue to have problems.
Make sure you restart Dreamweaver to complete the installation.
Note: These are Mac file association bugs and are not caused by our extensions. Do not download Dreamweaver extensions with IE5. Always use a modern browser such as Safari or Firefox.
Back to the questions list